Misinterpretation of Scripture is a major problem that faces the Church. We are living in an image-centered world that demands short cuts to answers with a limited attention span.
This book discusses the many obstacles that can keep us from clearly understanding what scripture is explaining to us. Mayhue’s experience with methods of biblical interpretation enables him to provide our generation with simple tools—so we can understand what the Bible says and avoid commonly-made errors. It should be mandatory reading for anyone who is serious in finding out what scripture says.
Richard covers a wide range of subjects making this an excellent take-off point for Biblical study:
- Teaching a basic Bible study method
- Warning about interpretation mistakes
- Exposing current theological errors
- Providing right steps to avoid wrong doctrine
- Emphasizing truthfulness and trustworthiness of Scripture