At Grace Bible Church, we believe Jr. High and High school age children benefit spiritually by the teaching offered by our pastor during the main worship service. This is an age when children should be learning to digest messages filled with more “meat.” As Romans 10:17 says, “Faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the Word of Christ.”
During our Sunday School hour at 9:30am we offer a Jr. High and High School Sunday class, Cornerstone, which meets in Room 220. We also encourage our students to attend our midweek study, Anchored, which meets on Thursday nights from 6:30-8:30pm at a given location. Our Jr. Highers and High Schoolers play games, enjoy worship in singing, and hear a message from Pastor David before breaking up into small groups. This is a fantastic time of fellowship and learning for our students.
Principles of Youth Ministry at Grace Bible Church
- Youth Ministry exists because the Great Commission exists (Matt 28:19-20)
- Getting the Gospel right is of primary importance (Col 1:28)
- Youth Ministry is discipleship ministry (1 Cor 11:1; Luke 9:23)
- Is is the Holy Spirit through the Word of God that produces growth (2 Tim 3:16)
- We seek humble servant-hearted maturity (Rom 12:3-13)
- We don't replace parents; we reinforce them (Eph 6:1-3)
- We are a part of the local church (Heb 10:24-25)
- Games and fun have a purpose (1 Cor 11:1; Zech 8:4-5)
For more information regarding this ministry, please contact Pastor David Papillon (firstname.lastname@example.org).